Sunday, October 17, 2004

 

Lance and Ironman??

Ok, I know, I know, Lance is everwhere. He's on TV, he's in the papers, all over the internet, and now in Triathlete Magazine. This month Triathlete Magazine did an article "Can Lance Win Ironman" Not this year, congrats to Normann Stadler and Nina Kraft on their Kona victories.
Back to the article. This was an upclose by one of Lance's old triathlete buddies (Lance started as a tri geek before he was a pro cyclest) Dan Empfield founder of QR. The basics of the article are things most of us that follow cycling know, Lance is a great person, he is hands on, and very passionate about all that he does. On Ironman......... Never, huh???? Come on Lance, never....... Ok, was he really said," To prepare for a good competitive Ironman...never" But, he did say,"when you get to be 50, do you look for a different challenge physically and say, Shit, I never did it. I'd love to do it, I'll give it a shot". Yea..... Let's see, if lance is fifty I'll be in my early 40's. That gives me 16 or 17 years to train and compete in an event with Lance Armstrong.... How cool would that be!!!!

Jeff Kerkove...... Hold your head high man, you had a killer season and only have better things to come.

Later ya'll,
I'll try to post a litter more often, that thing called life get's a little busy sometimes!!!


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?