Monday, June 05, 2006

 

Ponca Prep

Just returned from a hour and a half of night time gravel grinding in prep for the Ponca Marathon Race this weekend. I'm really looking forward to it. It will be my first single track race in over 2 years. I made some adjustments to the bike and wanted to see how it worked. I changed out the grips to my super squishy Serfas and also added bar ends. I really like the bar ends and the Serfas are a big improvement from the stock grips. I'll probably end up with some Ergon's very soon though. I also changed my gear ratio to 33x18 for the hills. I hit the gravel west of Hudson, it has several rollers and a couple long slow climbs. The gear worked great and should be a good choice for the weekend if it stays dry. The rest of the week will be running and spinning to keep the legs fresh prior to the race.

That's all for now, time to shower and sleep.

Ed Out!

Comments:
Whoa! Eduardo, that's a pretty low gear. I wonder if kerkove can give you any idea if there is any flats on that course, cause if there is, you will suffer! Spinning out like a dawg, you will be!
 
This was the suggested gear by Mr. 24 for Ponca. I think it will be a good choice. Riding for 4+ hours I would rather spin than blow a knee.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?