Friday, April 13, 2007

 

On my mind

Not Georgia, but the following.

18:23 - That's the time Scott Gall did the Ulrich Park 5k in. It's now a goal of mine.

With that said training is well, ummm, huh, yea........more like working out, maybe.

New toys and old ones fixed. I'm still digging my Serfas shades. I had to send in my HRM for battery replacement. That cost $15 plus freight both ways, WTF! I purchased a Cateye wireless cycle-computer 2 weeks ago, I love wireless!

Looks like I will be adding a snowshoe race to the '08 CVA schedule. An aquathon may also be in the mix. I know Blue, YOU DON'T SWIM!

Holy Iowa Triathlons Batman! Looks like there is a surge in events again. We saw this 5-7 years ago and several didn't make it. Hopefully that is not the case again.

Here are some events I am looking at doing next year. I'm putting a personal "not gonna do it" on USA Triathlon sanctioned events with $75 entry fees for shitty cotton t-shirt and 80 minutes of pain. That's almost a dollar per minute. Stupid!
Tri Rudd
Cy-Man Tri Gotta go lay down the Panther Purple, yo!
Dog Days Tri
Hartman Eco-Tri
Twin Lakes Tri in Manson, Ia
So that's an average of a $37 entry fee per race. Not that I'm trying to be a tight ass but come on. Does a race really need to cost $55-$75? And besides I've never done any of these races.

Looks like I may have a product or two headed to Vegas this fall for the interbike show. How cool would that be!

Registration is open for the Up Side Down DU. Team up or fly solo, just get out and do it!

Clean up next weekend at Camp Ingawanis. Contact the Jackal with questions.

So the snow is gone........again! It better be for good this time. Get out this weekend an be active yo!

Comments:
eduardo....

i don't swim, but i walked on snowshoes A LOT when i was in the army.

no one will call you a tight-ass over those entry fees. wow! it would appear that the "organizing body" depends on taking advantage of the grass roots athlete for whatever reason. is it to pay salaries or to support "elite" athletes, or what? wow. that's crazy.

peace out, yo!
 
perhaps you should consider reviving the cf triathlon. they had individual and team classifications. swam in george wyth lake, ran to the dome, cycled to stout and back. it was a blast. (i don't swim)

peace out, yo!
 
Interbike....good. More CVA events....good. Trail work...good.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?